Lean methodologies can be used on an organizational level, but also on an individual level. You can use lean to improve your use of time and even to clean out your inbox. In the TEDx Talk above, Bill Peterson, a lean instructor and consultant, explains the basics of lean, as well as how to make lean work for you to help you reach your potential. Many people are frustrated with their work, and Peterson discusses why:
I work with a lot of organizations, diverse organizations, trying to help them improve to reach their potential using process improvement methodologies. And when I go to these organizations I find a lot of professionals working very, very hard, and they’re very, very frustrated.
I routinely ask, ‘In your 40 to 60 hour day work week, how much time do you get to think? How much time do you get to be proactive? How much time to you get to apply what you’ve been trained to do in your workplace?’
And sadly, the answer that comes back is single digits and sometimes zero. Now what lean process improvement methodology will do is provide a way to find hours of wasted activity that is disguised as productivity and call that time out so you can use that time to think and to reach your human potential.
Watch the full video to learn more.
- Safety Lean Manufacturing – 5 Ways to Combine Safety and Lean
- What is Kaizen?
- LEAN Customer Service – Customer Service Could Learn A Thing or Two From Lean
- What is Gemba & How it Can Benefit Your Facility
- Using Kaizen…to Eat Sushi?
- Design For Six Sigma (DFSS)
- What Does a Lean Hospital Look Like?
- 4 Steps to Realizing Gemba Success
- Social Distancing Tools: Wall And Floor Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- Work As A Lean Manufacturing Consultant– lean-news.com
- Why You’re Still A Lean Student – Using Lean Practice Routines to Avoid Common Growth Stunting– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- How to Hire a Safety Consultant– blog.5stoday.com
- Cheap Manufacturing – The Potential Backlash of Low Wages & Pricing as a Competitive Strategy– kaizen-news.com
- Lean Six Sigma Can Improve Environmental Performance– creativesafetypublishing.com
- Lean and Mean: Making Time to Achieve It– 5snews.com
- Human Factors – How Do They Impact Safety?– realsafety.org
- 5S for Beginners– aislemarking.com